To facilitate the conveyance of information to and from Deaf/Hard of Hearing students, employees and parents including concrete information and the social and emotional content of information.
- · Operates in a manner commensurate with students’ age, maturity and academic abilities.
- · Interprets the locations and times designated and makes adjustments to scheduling as requested to meet students’, employees’ and/or parents’ needs.
- · Refers questions and concerns regarding Deaf/Hard of Hearing students to appropriate program personnel or to school officials.
- · Assumes position for interpreting to allow clients to see both the speaker and the interpreter.
- · Provides directions and materials for substitute interpreters.
- · Uses appropriate signing methodologies to ensure the most comprehensive understanding for the majority of Deaf/Hard of hearing students in the classroom.
- · Voices for Deaf/Hard of Hearing students, employees and/or parents as appropriate.
- · Participates in IEP meetings as requested by Deaf/Hard of Hearing program personnel.
- · Assumes additional responsibilities to support the mission of the district as appropriate
Preferred skills and knowledge:
- · Effective communication skills, both verbal and written.
- · Flexibility, organization, decision-making and problem-solving skills.
- · Interpersonal skills with diverse populations in-person and on the telephone.
- · Ability to meet deadlines, work on multiple projects and coordinate the work of others.
- · Knowledge of District policies on immunization, medication, first aid, child abuse/neglect and substance abuse.
- · Ability to maintain positive relationships with students, parents, community members and other staff members.
- Bachelor’s degree
- Valid NM Interpreting License (through NM Regulation and Licensing Department)
- RID Certification OR
- EIPA Performance Score of 4.0 or above.
Please submit a cover letter, resume, ABHS employment application, and at least one letter of reference to email@example.com. The ABHS application and instructions to apply can be found at https://amybiehlhighschool.org/job-opportunities/
We are ERB employer
(gratitude to APS Jobs website)